Nutritionfacts.org has just released this video showing the effects of smoking cannabis in its flower form on the human lungs. It shows that the inflammation created by smoking approximately two cannabis joints exceeds that of smoking an entire pack of cigarettes. It's no wonder consumers have moved sharply to consuming cannabis in other forms such as vapes, edibles, oils and waxes.
There is unequivocal evidence that regular cannabis smoking causes acute lung inflammation, but what are the long-term consequences?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
What about using a vaporizer? Find out in my next video, Smoking Marijuana vs. Using a Cannabis Vaporizer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Smoking-Marijuana-vs-Using-a-Cannabis-Vaporizer
I have a whole treasure chest of cannabis videos that are going to be dribbling every month or so until the end of 2019. If you want to see them all now, I put them all in a digital DVD (https://drgreger.org/collections/downloads/products/cannabis-what-does-the-science-say-digital
) you can download or stream right now
Here are the ones I have up so far:
• The Institute of Medicine Report on the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Institute-of-Medicine-Report-on-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana
• Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Researching-the-Health-Effects-of-Marijuana
• Is Marijuana Addictive? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Marijuana-Addictive
• Does Marijuana Cause Health Problems? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Health-Problems
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Teens? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Permanent-Brain-Damage-in-Teens
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Adults? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Marijuana-Cause-Permanent-Brain-Damage-in-Adults
• Will Cannabis Turn into Big Tobacco? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/will-cannabis-turn-into-big-tobacco
• Marijuana Legalization and the Opioid Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Marijuana-Legalization-and-the-Opioid-Epidemic
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/effects-of-smoking-marijuana-on-the-lungs
and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/effects-of-smoking-marijuana-on-the-lungs
. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/