Managing Director, Marketing,
Cannabis Investment Company (Denver)
Our client, a multi-million dollar diversified cannabis investment company, seeks a uniquely talented Managing Director of Marketing to personally drive customer acquisition/retention, partnerships, PR, and branding/brand strategy for its portfolio companies, focusing initially on “moving the needle” within one of the company’s B2C e-commerce holdings, though ultimately contributing to upstream and downstream efforts across the entire universe of the company’s B2C and B2B investments as well as the company itself, up to and possibly including IR.
While our client has marketing assets to deploy and the Managing Director will be able to operate with robust financial resources, the company expects clear business cases to be made. As a result, anything that can be justified is on the table, but a large discretionary budget will not be immediately available until such time as the Managing Director demonstrates successful campaigns that drive consumers from exposure through conversion across all channels and from all sources.
The opportunity is only limited by the Managing Director’s ability to effect change, but in many ways can be considered comparable to a startup – so the Managing Director should be just as comfortable with creating marketing campaigns and brand initiatives as they are with execution and analysis. However, the client has a very meritocratic approach to compensation, and a strong performer delivering outstanding results will reap attractive rewards based on clear, easy-to-understand, easy-to-measure criteria. Compensation includes cash & equity, benefits include health, dental & vision.
- Own, manage and personally drive P&L for all channels (social, influencer, affiliate, AdWords, paid, etc.) while creating new ones for the company’s B2C retail subsidiary
- Author and execute all campaigns across web, SEO/SEM, lists, email and display
- Manage company PR, web copy, blog copy, social content
- Through vigorous A/B testing and performance/conversion analysis, measure and report KPIs and campaign ROI
- Manage all existing and create new partnership, backlink, affiliate and influencer relationships
- Champion new sales and marketing campaigns and strategies to corporate to obtain buy-in and funding
- Manage all marketing tech and platforms across email, e-commerce, SEM, blog; modify or enhance as appropriate
- Further develop and execute brand and brand strategy for all portfolio companies, collaborating with in-house creative as necessary
- Drive all IR efforts (eventually, if not immediately)
- At least 5 years of experience leading and executing digital marketing efforts in a B2C retail, lifestyle, apparel or CPG company
- Additional experience in B2B (services, tech, SAAS) is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of and personal proficiency in a variety of e-commerce, social, blog, e-mail marketing and list management platforms
- A history of cogent SEO, SEM and AdWords strategy creation and deployment with the ability to leverage analytics for maximum effectiveness and retargeting
- Demonstrated marketing successes – measurably improved “after” states of sales and marketing campaigns
- Excellent communications skills: a savvy, persuasive speaker who can produce compelling, astute writing
- Comfort in operating within a meritocracy owing to a track record of outlying performance
- The ability to act autonomously as well as create consensus in a small team environment
- A mature, professional demeanor with an extremely high sense of urgency to “get things done”; an adept problem solver who can analyze challenges critically to create solutions
- A natural marketer with an operational mindset
How to apply:
Interested, qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to:
MS Word is preferred, but a PDF is acceptable
All inquiries treated as confidential.
Copyright © 2017 Delta 9 Search